Disclaimer: I am not a Scientist or an Engineer but my mind enjoys reading about and toying in those realms. I have just enough curiosity and intuition to know if something is in the art of possible..but lack the academic formulas and theories to support my suppositions…but for what its worth here’s a stab at my concepts to support development for a new type of encryption for packets flowing through the ether.
This idea all came about when I was on a business trip in Virginia a couple of years ago…I was taking mass transportation after a full day of death by PowerPoint when my bus drove past a tall building made entirely of glass. It was a sunny day out and there were no barriers between the bus and the building so I was able to see a perfect reflection of the bus with me inside of it, on the glass as we drove past the building.
Now, several things cemented in my mind in that moment. I felt like Einstein was miniaturized and perched on my shoulder whispering in my ear to pay attention to these observations. The things I felt important to remember were this:
- I (a 3-dimensional being), was in a 3-dimensional object moving at a speed of roughly 30 miles per hour
- I am a living biological form physically consuming/expending energy in an object consuming/expending energy
- Reflected in the building glass was a 2-dimensional representation (reflection/imitation) of the physical reality
- The representation (reflection) was possible because of objects, light, shadow, and motion
The really “wow” flash of insight came at the thought of “traceable” movement (observation ability) by looking at the reflection only. “IF” you study only the movement of the bus and passengers inside by observing the reflection with your eyes–your mind can bring context to that observation and inform you of the reality of what is happening. However, if you were to somehow put sensors on the glass, there would likely be no measurable readings detected to confirm what your eyes had observed.
(several thoughts just ripped through my head just now about ghosts, other dimensions/planes of existence, etc.)
So anyway, my idea is that there may be a way to use the mass, energy, light, shadow and reflective aspects of these observations in communications transmission technology. These thoughts I’m sure have other applications in some of the other SciTech arenas. But, the existence of the physical object as the genesis of a “representation (reflection)” which also mirrors behavior of the physical (Master/Slave ~ Parent/Child inheritance) just might be relevant to a new breakthrough in how we transmit data. Perhaps using some of these ideas it would be possible to build new technology that would either:
- Create an algorithm that uses a combination of the physical and the representation of the physical to develop a new style of encryption that require both to decrypt the actual packets transmitted through communications channels/cables/fiber….or
- standard transmission of packets that uses this (physical & representation) concept to create in-transit auto-error checking and data validation/auditing. If someone intercepted this volley (the physical packet plus the mirror image it created), the reflection would immediately cease because an obstacle would have somehow caused an interruption in the representation (imitation of the physical) and trip an alert to those monitoring that someone was “in the stream.”
I’d be very interested in hearing from anybody with a Science, Tech or Mathematics background who could lend credibility/validity to these ideas/assumptions…refer me to other related reading/research, or dispute these ideas as impossible.
Thanks for geeking out with me!
- Encryption Wizard for Oracle Now Offers Remote Key Storage With HSM Interface (prweb.com)
- Secure Your Wifi: WPA encryption (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- 97 Hewlett-Packard Patents Assigned to Google (seobythesea.com)
- Encrypting and Decrypting Isolated Storage File (stackoverflow.com)