I have begun a new tradition…starting the end of year in recap mode and planning for the next! I really have much to be thankful for…its sometimes hard to remember that on Mondays!
This has been a year of accomplishments:
- Completed Bachelors Degree in Business (made Dean’s List w/4.0 average)
- Received a promotion & a new job
- Found reliable renters for our small farm
- Sold old farm truck
- Updated our family photo (1st in 7 years!)
- Twin daughters started driving and completed 1st college level course
- Participated in #NaNoWriMo with my children (Megan was only one to complete hers, but at least we all got started on writing a novel!)
I turn 46 in January! I seriously don’t feel that old, except when Mondays roll around 🙂 Did I make it clear that I don’t like Mondays?
So, what I am shooting for in 2013? Do It Yourself (DIY) home repairs; foodscaping my yard; building a close-knit community of dads who want to be better dads, husbands, and friends; becoming more involved in the education process of my mostly home-schooled children; and brushing up on my sign language skills.
Do you have an annual ritual for setting goals and holding yourself accountable to them?
- NaNoWriMo Tip #25: A Little Encouragement (writingishardwork.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012 (asimplebreeze.wordpress.com)